Monday, June 16, 2014

The Sun Is Setting

Although I’ve barely posted on this blog in the past year, I’ve written more than I ever have. However, I began seeking publication earlier this year. The problems is that for an essay to be published in a magazine, it must not be “previously published” which includes blogs. So, I’ve been hoarding my work to try to later send it out to be published. But trust me, that doesn’t feel good. I write to share. However, an added layer is that to publish on a larger scale, magazines and book agents want you to develop a web presence. See the catch 22?

So, in the past few months, I’ve been examining the tightrope, practicing my balance, and am now ready to walk that line. However, I also feel I need to move on from “Rise to the Same Sun.” This blog served me well in Cameroon but I am ready to move on. It will always be special to me because it made me "come out" as a writer and also documents my journey in Africa.

So, thank you readers for sharing this space with me.

I also invite you to please join me at my at my new blog: FridamWriter, where there will be a link to my first ever published piece.

Please note, I will be deleting this blog in the upcoming months, so please save the link to my new blog above.

No comments:

Post a Comment