Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Au Revoir, Merci, and Stay In Touch!

I have a deep gratitute to those I love and even those I struggle to love who have helped me get to where I am.  Without you I wouldn't be here. So thank you.  I have been touched by all the love and support you have shown me. I will miss you but I won't.  I will because I want more time with you, but I won't because you will still be with me in my thoughts and you have shown me that I will be with you in yours.  All we have in life is life itself, and even that is fleeting. So whether I see you in one year, or two years, or never again, the important thing is that we walked together for a brief time and shared in life's most important gifts: love and friendship.

With that said -- au revoir!  And here are my logistics. I leave tomorrow at 6:50 a.m. and fly into Philadelphia, where I'll receive a day-long training (but I won't have a phone bc it will be shut off at midnight tonight). The next day I'll bus it to New York and fly from there in the evening to Yaounde, Cameroon (with a short lay over in Brussels, Belgium). I'll have orientation in Yaounde until Sept 21 when I'll move to Bafia, which is about two hours northwest of Yaounde. Since I'll very busy, I'm not sure how often I'll get to post, but I will try to as much as possible. Your comments would be appreciated!

Here is my contact information:
Address:
Peace Corps Trainee
Corps de la Paix,
B.P. 215
Yaoundé, Cameroon
My skype name: florentinastaig821

No comments:

Post a Comment